APRIL 3, 2022
3D Custom Maps
How to customize a 3D Nautical Wood Map.
Depending on the collection, most nautical wood maps can be personalized with unique icon’s, logo’s, or custom text. This is a creative way to craft a one-of-a-kind nautical map whether it’s for a gift or to commemorate your favorite lake.
1. Choose the Lake and the Map Style that you’d like to Customize.
Here are a few popular 3D wood map collections which offer products that can be personalized.
• Custom Lake Art Maps: This collection of 3D wood maps consists of over 7,000 bodies or water and can be personalized with custom text or icons. Available as 3D wall maps, serving trays, cribbage boards, and nautical clocks.
• Custom Burnt Wood Maps: This popular collection of laser-cut wood maps offers unique colors and captivating artwork cut into rich pine wood. Laser cutters are used to burn away layers of painted wood revealing beautiful tones of natural pine.
2. Choose Your Map Product Type.
Depending on the collection you choose, many nautical wood maps can be crafted into four different types of products.
• 3D Wall Maps: Designed to be hung as framed wall art. They look great in living rooms, workspaces, and smaller maps can be set on bookshelves or mantles.
• Nautical Clocks: These popular nautical clocks are available in 3D and can be crafted from nearly any body of water.
• Serving Trays: Sealed under glass and look great as table centerpieces or countertop decorations.
• Cribbage Boards: Artwork is Laser engraved into solid blocks of wood. These custom cribbage boards are great gift ideas for fans of cribbage!
3. Select the Customizations for your Custom Wood Map
Once you’ve chosen your map location, the map style, and product type, it’s now time to choose the specific customizations and where they should appear on the map.
• To get started, simply select ‘personalize this map’ from the dropdown menu. Most maps can accommodate up to three (3) customizations. If you need more, please contact us prior to ordering.
• Enter the icon / custom text that you’d like to add
• Enter the specific location for each customization. You can enter a full street address, GPS coordinates, or you can describe where the customization should appear (ex: next to Emerald Bay)
We will contact you with any questions. Consider these steps a starting point and you’ll have an opportunity to review your proof before it goes into production.
Popular 3D Wood Map Customizations:
• Mark your home with a ‘house’ icon and custom text, ex: “The Smiths, 123 Lakeview Dr”
• Choose from over 150 unique icons and label favorite beaches, marina’s, restaurants
• Add custom text to commemorate a special event, engagement, or wedding
• Change the maps title to a family name, popular quote, or regional name
• Add additional town names or points of interest
4. Review your Custom Map Proof.
Once we receive your order, a map designer will begin creating a computer-generated proof of your custom map. You’ll receive your proof typically in 2-3 business days, often sooner.
Once you receive your proof, you’ll have the opportunity to review and/or revise your proof if it’s not 100% to your liking. At this time, you’ll have the opportunity to make final revisions and modifications before your custom wood map goes into product.
5. Talented Map Designers take it from here!
Once you place your order, talented map designers will begin laying the groundwork to craft your custom map. Your custom proof is finalized, woods are hand-selected, and state-of-the-art laser cutters are used to cut and engrave your custom map. After the map is ‘cut’, artists then stain and assemble your map by hand. Learn more about the process of creating a custom 3D Wood Map.
Have questions? We can help!
Our talented team of product designers are ready to assist. Whether you are looking to create a custom map of your favorite lake, or needing help placing an order, please feel free to reach out to us and we are happy to help.
Recent Nautical Home Décor Blogs.
Be sure to view our other blogs to learn more about 3D Wood Maps, Custom Lake Maps, and other unique home décor.
The John Muir Trail is not just a hike; it’s a transformative adventure. It challenges the body, nurtures the soul, and deepens our connection with the natural world
Whether you are looking for a big ascent or just a mellow jaunt, Lake Tahoe hiking trails offer plenty of variety to keep you satisfied.
Family fun or solo serenity, Lake Tahoe has plenty of options to make your day at the beach one to remember.